This one goes out to all you grammar nazis out there. Yeah. Keep it real. Yeah. (I have no idea)
So I finally got Game Maker fixed today. I won’t go much into that situation, because to be honest I don’t care anymore. It’s in the past, and I’ve moved on to bigger and better things.
Speaking of which, Ascension.
Today, in an effort to make up for lost time, I worked on a number of things:
1. I created Security Panels, which lock down certain features of each floor until they’ve been ‘used’ (turned off)
2. I created locked doors, which are unlocked by the aforementioned security panels
3. I completed the inventory system. That is, the picking up and replacing of ‘generics’ (non-mandatory items)
4. I discovered a random bug with the HUD that appeared out of nowhere (GM bug, perhaps?)
5. I worked towards integrating GM with the Indiecity SDK (More on that when we get to that point)
6. I floundered about with enemy AI for a bit before deciding “Screw it, I’ll do it later” like a good little procrastinator
7. I created a system that allows you to add literally any item you desire into the game, and have it be fully functional (Not as impressive as it sounds. I’m not making Scribblenauts here)
8. I added in a shitton (YES IT IS A WORD AUTO-CORRECT SHUT UP) of sounds that have been queuing up.
And there you have it. Evidence of progress (not really). We’ll get you guys some screenshots/videos/whatnot when we have more to show. As it stands, most of the art assets in the game are coloured boxes drawn by yours truly.
See you all later!