Weird, right? It’s almost as if this patch came a year late or something.
This is a small patch for Ascension that fixes/improves on the following:
- The intro splash screens are now skippable
- The font for dialogue boxes is more readable
- Tutorials involving healthpacks, stealth and sprinting have been improved
- A game-breaking bug involving Viola has been fixed
Your regular Relic Romance programming will resume shortly!
We did some discussing last night and finalized our plans for the open beta. The Relic Romance Open Beta will begin at 00:00 on November 9th (PST).
The game will be up for download on our website, as well as on Gamejolt and on TIGsource. We’ll have links to all of these locations in the release post.
The release version of the game will be version 0.80. Based on player interest and bugs, further updates should follow that. All updates will be announced and released in all three of the locations I mentioned above.
See you soon!
It’s Saturday. Know what that means?
Well, for me it means a dental appointment, copious amounts of homework and studying. For you, it’s SCREENSHOT SATURDAY!
We’re nearing open beta, and I’m getting all hot and excited.
Grappling hooks are fun!
It’s been a little while once again, but at least this time I predicted it, and for once I come as the bearer of pretty good news!
We’re launching a Relic Romance open beta. We’re not sure quite when, but we can promise you that it’s going to be soon. Don’t be surprised if we launch it sometime within the next two weeks. Now, I’m sure you’ve got a couple of questions. I’ll do my best to answer them in advance, using my psychic mind-reading powers:
Q: Why an open beta?
- We figure it’s been long enough since we announced this project, and we want nothing more than to show you all what we’ve been working on.
- It’s a great way to get feedback and an idea for how interested people are in the continuation of the project
- The game is at this point largely technically complete. All it’s lacking at the moment is features
Q: What is the open beta missing?
- Four of the classes are only partially complete
- Many of the artefacts have not been added
- Some enemy types
- The game is probably a little unbalanced
Q: Where can I find the open beta?
- Primarily it will be released on our website, but we’ll advertise it on a couple of choice websites (TIG, Twitter, etc)
All we’re doing right now is finishing up some last minute features that we’ve neglected until this point, adding in some missing art assets, and polishing/bug fixing. Even now, the game is fully playable and a boatload of fun, but we’d rather make sure it’s perfect before we release it. After that, well, we’ve got some surprises in mind for you guys.
Stay with us, we’re getting close now!