It’s been a little while once again, but at least this time I predicted it, and for once I come as the bearer of pretty good news!
We’re launching a Relic Romance open beta. We’re not sure quite when, but we can promise you that it’s going to be soon. Don’t be surprised if we launch it sometime within the next two weeks. Now, I’m sure you’ve got a couple of questions. I’ll do my best to answer them in advance, using my psychic mind-reading powers:
Q: Why an open beta?
- We figure it’s been long enough since we announced this project, and we want nothing more than to show you all what we’ve been working on.
- It’s a great way to get feedback and an idea for how interested people are in the continuation of the project
- The game is at this point largely technically complete. All it’s lacking at the moment is features
Q: What is the open beta missing?
- Four of the classes are only partially complete
- Many of the artefacts have not been added
- Some enemy types
- The game is probably a little unbalanced
Q: Where can I find the open beta?
- Primarily it will be released on our website, but we’ll advertise it on a couple of choice websites (TIG, Twitter, etc)
All we’re doing right now is finishing up some last minute features that we’ve neglected until this point, adding in some missing art assets, and polishing/bug fixing. Even now, the game is fully playable and a boatload of fun, but we’d rather make sure it’s perfect before we release it. After that, well, we’ve got some surprises in mind for you guys.
Stay with us, we’re getting close now!